The AETFAT 2020 International Scientific Advisory Committee welcomes submission of abstracts of original contributions to be considered for oral or poster presentations in the following thematic areas and to be convened by the following persons:
|1||Botanic Gardens/Plant Science supporting sustainable development||Paul Smith; Kirsty Shaw|
|2||Flora of Central Africa||Marc Sosef|
|3||Afroalpine and afromontane plants: evolution, biogeography and ecology||Abel Gizaw Seid; Desalegn Chala Gelete|
|4||Addressing the urgent need for plant conservation in Africa||Martin Cheek; Iain Darbyshire|
|6||Botany and Ecology of Miombo Woodlands||Jonathan Timberlake; Cathy Sharp|
|7||Monocots (Taxonomy, Molecular Biology, etc)||Charlotte Sletten Bjorå’; Paul Wilkin and Britra Stedje|
|8||Systematics of African plants||Dirk U. Bellstedt; Muthama Muasya|
|9||Ethno-botany & use of African Plants||Philippa Ryan; Jeremy Farr|
|10||Biogeography of African Plants||Thomas Couvreur|
|11||Flora/Lichenology/Mycorrhiza/Mycology||Marieka Gryzenhout; Cathy Sharp|
|13||Plant adaptations, succulents and arid land plants||Olwen Grace; Emily Wabuyele|
|14||Biodiversity informatics/Databases/DNA Bar-coding||Siro Masinde; Martin R. Kalfatovic and Deirdre Ryan|
|15||Orchid systematics and conservation||Tariq Stevar; Benny Bytebier
|16||African botanical topics of interest outside the specified themes||Sebsebe Demissew; Cyprian Katongo|
- Abstracts will only be accepted for presentation from registered delegates.
- Accepted abstracts will be presented either as Posters or Oral Presentations.
- Abstracts must be submitted in the format recommended by the International Scientific Advisory Committee.
- It is the Corresponding Author’s responsibility to submit a correctly edited and accurate abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact may be reproduced as typed by the authors. Abstracts will be rejected if they contain no data or if the English is unacceptable.
- Receipt of abstract submission will be acknowledged automatically upon successful submission.
- Guidelines and details regarding the abstract status, presentation date and time will be communicated by email to the Corresponding Author.