- Abstracts must be submitted in English or French and should describe new scientific results in African Botany.
- Each abstract must fall within one of the conference thematic areas
- Most abstracts have now been submitted by Corresponding Authors who must ensure that they complete their registration. These abstracts are under review and the decisions will be communicated to the Authors soon so that they can be included in the Conference programme
- However, due to requests by participants, we will continue to received abstracts abstracts up to the 31st October 2019.
Preparation of Abstract
Please observe the following guidelines when preparing your abstract:
- Abstracts must be in English or French and should not exceed 300 words.
- Abstracts should be single-spaced, in Times New Roman font size 12.
- Abstracts should be submitted in Microsoft Word .doc
- Abstract should consist of a title (CAPITALIZED, bold), thematic area (number, bold) full names of authors (CAPITALIZED), affiliation of authors, and the body of abstract.
- Provide up to 5 keywords.
- The corresponding author should be indicated with an asterisk (*) and an email address should be provided (font size 11).
- The final abstract should not exceed ONE A4-sized page.
*Please proofread your abstract carefully and ensure all details are correct before submission.
Upload your abstract as a .doc or .docx file.
Abstract Revisions and Notifications
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts submitted before 5th October 2019 will be sent to the Corresponding Authors by 24th October, 2019 and for those submitted after 5th October 2019 the notification will be sent by 7th November 2019.
- The Corresponding Author will receive all correspondence regarding the abstract status, presentation type, date and time, via email provided in the abstract submission form.
- Accepted abstracts should be revised according to reviewers’ comments and should be resubmitted.
Abstracts should be submitted online through this link: http://www.aetfat.org/abstract-submission/
- Extended Abstract Submission Deadline: 31st October, 2019 (Last extension due to participant requests)
- The decision on whether abstract has been accepted or not will be communicated by email to Corresponding Author between 24th October 2019 and 15th November, 2019.
Publication of Abstracts
Accepted abstracts should be revised according to the reviewers’ comments the revised abstracts should be submitted in order for them to be made available on the AETFAT website closer to the conference date and a hard copy will be provided during the conference.